Wednesday 14 November 2012

Professionalism

How hard is it to be professional?
I mean, I realize that moving from Superstore to business can't be easy, but come on.

So we got a new girl in the office today. Just a second interview - a day of observation. we call it.
Basically a job shadow.

So she's sitting in the lobby and we all come out of our morning meeting. There are a couple people there, so we greet them as usual.
The second I greet her she grips my hand (with both of hers I think) and gets that "preteen girl" look.
Oh God.

Didn't stop there though. Me, my leader, and her all went out of town. About an hour away. She was his interview that day. The whole way up she was just... flirty. Ugh I dunno how to describe it.
Either way, she was flirty. But I only had to put up with her for about an hour.
Or so I thought...

Turns out my leader decided to quit a bit early. Around 2:30 rather than 5. So we all met up, ran to the bank, and grabbed a late lunch.
Yay. I got to see her again...
Before I continue, you need to realize that this girl reminds me of every single one of my exes. It's ridiculous. I didn't even think it was possible!!

It got worse at lunch. She likes to use the expression "tackle" for her problems. And even her not problems. Anyway I don't remember the whole thing but basically it came down to me saying "You can't tackle me."
Her response: "too bad".

And then she proceeded to make more comments like that and hit me on the arm. I did my best to avoid it and keep it professional. It didn't work. She got worse and worse.

But it wasn't all bad!
I closed 2 accounts today. $420 bucks. Guaranteed $410 tomorrow, and it's only Thursday!
So I got lots of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment