Saturday 10 November 2012

Winter Roads

Damn. What a week.

So we took a 10-hour drive out of province for a company trip. We were told it was going to be juicy.
Long story short, everyone was using a shitty system that we couldn't replace for them. Because it has a non-cancellable contract.
So we couldn't switch many people.
I mean, some people used standard POS systems (debit machines), so we could switch those ones. But they were few and far apart.
Anyway, I came home with about $200-$250 profit. Not so great.
BUT. at least I made some cash!

So the trip up was just dandy. No snow, nothing. There was one patch of ice.

The trip back was hell on earth.
We had to go through Edmonton, which had over a foot of snow. And ice. Yeah, not so much fun.
And did I mention we only had 1 headlight? And of course we didn't notice til AFTER we got onto the highway away from anywhere that sells them.
But we're alive!

In total it was about a 21 hour drive there and back.
I drove 13 hours.
My co-worker, (the only other one who can drive) drove about 8.

So that pissed me off a little. But we were testing out a car that I might buy from my brother.
It took about 100 litres to go 1000 kms. Not too shabby. So I'll probably buy it.

And another development on me and this girl.
We were talking about our cars, and how mine was super pimpin' (It's a Buick Park Avenue). We then got onto the topic of back seats, and how mine was really roomy. So we made some suggestive comments and shit, you know, the usual.

But were they just jokes? It's pretty hard to tell over text. But I'm quite certain there was more to this than just words.
But who knows? We rarely see each other, and she keeps standing me up. So maybe some day I'll get to talk to her in person, alone, for more than 10 minutes. Maybe even tomorrow! I'm sure I'll blog about it.

So one last thing -
All my roomates are gone. All of them. So it's pretty lonely here. I'm getting a bit sad. Not even motivated enough to play a game. So I'll be wasting my evening on Omegle. Again.
Fuck sakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment